Sometimes mistakes are made or something is deleted that should not have been erased. We can wipe your site’s cPanel, and you may start all over again, as if you were a new customer! Please submit a ticket by following these steps:
- Log in to your HostPapa Dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click on My Support.
- Click on the Open New Ticket tab.
- Your Name and Email Address will be prepopulated.
- Enter a Subject, choose the department you wish to submit the ticket to and enter the Ticket Details.
- If required, you may also add an attachment.
- Click the orange Submit button.
On the ticket, please include the name of the primary domain on your hosting account as well as the e-mail address we have on file for you.
Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind:
- Remember to upload your files to the public_html folder
- Don’t erase your public_html folder!
- There will be items in your root directory that you may not understand at first. They are supposed to be there. Please don’t erase them or move them to other folders on your account.
File Manager’s .trash Folder
If you accidentally delete something using File Manager, there is a folder called .trash. It works just like the recycle bin in Windows. This is a “hidden” file, which means that normally it won’t show up in your File Manager folder list. When you click on the File Manager icon in cPanel, you will need to turn on the “Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)” option on the pop-up that appears.
If you find your files in the .trash folder, you can click and drag them back to where they should be. However, if the files are not in the .trash folder, they are gone and cannot be recovered.