If you are still seeing the “Welcome to HostPapa!” default index page, rather than your own website home page, you will want to delete it. With HTML websites, when you upload your website files, this default page is automatically overwritten. However, some scripts, WordPress, will not overwrite this default page.
Instructions for removing the default index.html page:
- Log in to your HostPapa dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
- Click on My cPanel. If you have more than one domain associated with your HostPapa account, click on the appropriate domain link, then enter your cPanel password if required.
- From the Files section, click on File Manager.
- When the Directory Selection pop-up appears, ensure Web Root (public_html/www) is selected. This will take you to your /public_html folder.
- Click Go. The File Manager page will open.
Note: To remove the default HostPapa index page from an addon domain, click the addon domain’s folder on the left hand side. The contents will appear in the section on the right.
- From the section on the right, find and click on a file called index.html (the entire row will turn blue).
- From the top tool bar, click on the Rename icon.
- Change the name of the file from index.html to index-hostpapa.html and click on the Rename File button.
You should now be able to see your site. You can also simply delete index.html, but please be careful: if you were to delete the wrong file you would not be able to bring it back. If you are still having issues, please submit a ticket.
To open a support ticket, please log in to your HostPapa dashboard: https://www.hostpapa.com/dashboard
Support ticket tips/info: https://www.hostpapa.co.uk/knowledgebase/kb/how-to-open-and-access-support-tickets/
For more information on how to use File Manager, check out our video tutorials: http://www.hostpapasupport.com/tutorials/Tutorials_Cpanel.shtml